- 4 cups fresh blackberries (or your choice of fruit)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly grease an 8" baking pan or small cast iron skillet.
- Be sure all stems are removed from the berries and rinse well, allow to drip dry.
- Pour lemon juice over berries and stir to coat.
- Mix sugar and flour well and mix in one egg to create a crumble.
- Sprinkle over fruit.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top of the berries.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until lightly brown and bubbly.
- Let stand 10 minutes prior to serving
Use any fruit or fruit combination that you like! I also freeze berries to make this in the off-season. Freeze berries individually on a tray before bagging. Measure out the frozen berries, and add them directly to the baking pan. No need to defrost first. Add topping mix and bake. May need to bake slightly longer, it;s done when the cobble is lightly browned and bubbly.