- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups chopped rotisserie chicken (cooked)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup peas, thawed
- 2 tbsp Italian breadcrumbs
- 2 to 4 tbsp shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp butter
- Melt 3 tbsp butter in a hot cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- Add 3 tbsp flour and thyme. Whisk together until smooth and bubbly.
- Add broth gradually, approximately 1/3 cup at a time. Whisk until smooth, and continue to add slowly until completely added.
- Add milk gradually, whisking well between each addition.
- Stir in chopped chicken, and salt and pepper, stir.
- Add peas and rice, and mix well.
- Dot with 1 tbsp butter, sprinkle with breadcrumbs, and shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees until cooked through, approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
This is a great use of leftovers. Use leftover rotisserie chicken and cooked rice to make a quick meal on a busy evening. If rice and chicken are cold, it may take slightly longer to heat through.