- 1 cup crushed shortbread cookie
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- one 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- one 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice (or lime juice)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (optional, used for garnish only)
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts for garnish
- limes for garnish
- In a bowl, mix cookie crumbs, finely chopped macadamia nuts and sugar. Mix well.
- Stir in butter.
- Press into a 9 inch pie pan, working the crust up the sides of the pan.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix until blended.
- Transfer to crust.
- Refrigerate, covered for at least 4 hours, or overnight.
- Optional. Beat heavy cream until soft peaks form. Pipe onto pie for garnish.
- Garnish with fresh limes and coarsely chopped macadamia nuts.
Since there are only two of us, I prefer to make this pie in mini pie pans. This recipe will make 4 mini pies that can be frozen and used as needed.