- 1 1/2 cups crushed shortbread cookies
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- MAKING THE CRUST
- Crush the shortbread cookies in a food processor or blender.
- Combine crushed cookies and sugar, mix well.
- Added melted butter and stir until blended.
- Press evenly into the bottom and half way up the side of a prepared springform pan. (Or use four mini springform pans)
- Place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- MAKING THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to an electric mixer. Mix on high until smooth.
- Add evaporated milk and lemon juice, mix until blended.
- Add eggs, gently mix until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Tap pans on counter to even batter and release air bubbles.
- Place springform pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes. The center will be soft set that jiggles when the pan is wiggled. If using the mini springform pans, check for doneness at 20 to 25 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the sour cream, sugar and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Gently spread topping over the cheesecake.
- Bake 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen rings and use a butter knife to separate the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- Cool one hour longer on wire rack.
- Refrigerate overnight.
Using mini springform pans is a great way to make mini cheesecakes that are ideal for two! They are also perfect size for sharing. This cheesecake is perfect plain, but it's delicious with diced fruit topping.
See the full post for all my tips and tricks for making cheesecake for the very first time!