- 2 cups crushed cream filled chocolate cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup white chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons blackberry jam (or your favorite jam)
- CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- 1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- MAKING THE CRUST
- Crush the chocolate cookies in a food processor or blender.
- Combine crushed cookies and melted butter, mix well.
- Press evenly into the bottom and half way up the side of a prepared springform pan. (Or use four mini springform pans)
- MAKING THE CREAM CHEESE FILLING
- Add the cream cheese and sugar to an electric mixer. Mix on high until smooth.
- Add melted white chocolate, whipping cream and vanilla, mix well.
- Add eggs, gently mix until combined.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Tap pans on counter to even batter and release air bubbles.
- Place springform pans on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes. The center will be soft set that jiggles when the pan is wiggled. If using the mini springform pans, check for doneness at 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes. Loosen rings and use a butter knife to separate the cheesecake from the springform pan.
- Cool one hour longer on wire rack.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- CHOCOLATE GANACHE TOPPING
- In a heavy saucepan, combine cream and sugar. Bring to boil, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and stir until melted and smooth.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour, Two ways to serve.
- Option 1: Shown in video. Pour over the cheese cake, dripping down the edges.
- Option 2: To make the ganache into a truffle topping, whip for one to 2 minutes until light and fluffy, spread over cheesecake.
The chocolate topping can be served in two ways. I like to pour the chocolate ganache right over the top of the cheesecake, lettings it drip down the sides. For a fancier presentation, whip the chocolate into a truffle topping and spread. Either option is amazing!
Using mini springform pans is a great way to make mini cheesecakes that are ideal for two! They are also perfect size for sharing. See the full post for all my tips and tricks for making cheesecake for the very first time!